Nursing Home Neglect/Abuse
The problem of abuse and neglect is widespread. There are 1.5 Million elderly people and defendant people living in nursing homes across the country.
Abuse and neglect affects thousands of residents in Nursing Homes who are dependent upon staff for basic needs such as water, food, repositioning, toileting, bathing, stimulation, medications and other aspects of their care.
- The potential for insufficiently trained staff compounds negligence, particularly in situations when staff s overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
- In 1987 the Nursing Home Reform Act was adopted and now the residents rights Act provides a uniform language about respecting a persons rights.
- "It is a basic human right to be free from Neglect".
- If you or a loved one finds themselves the victim of neglect in a Nursing care facility, call us. Our experienced staff of Nursing Home Neglect attorneys are here to help.
- Our initial consultation is always free and there is Neverr a fee unless we get a recovery for you.